Farmers “Mini” Market
Valley Junction Farmers Mini Market
Thursdays 4-8 pm starting July 9
100 and 200 blocks of 5th Street, West Des Moines
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Valley Junction Farmers Mini Market will feel like a trip to the grocery store. We will feature vendors that focus on food and farm products only, including a select number from our neighborhood offering prepared food. The Music in the Junction Concert Series will not be held now, and we will not have any children’s activities.
The safety of our community members and vendors is our number one priority. Following social distancing guidelines, wearing masks, taking food to go, and avoiding congregating in large groups keep the community safe and help our market stay open.
Even though the market will be different, you will be able to find delicious products and fresh produce you love. #shopsmall #lovelocal
Safety guidelines for attending the mini market
When you visit the farmers market, you will find we have reduced the number of vendors. Vendors’ booths will be further apart, and additional health and safety guidelines will apply.
When you attend, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are sick or think you may be sick, or if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, stay home and do not attend the market.
- Wear a mask.
- Limit the number of people in your group to support social distancing. Avoid gathering in large groups of people.
- Service animals are permitted, but please leave your pets at home.
- If you purchase prepared food, please take it to go and consume it outside the market. We will not offer seating inside the market. Eating, including sampling food products, inside the market is not permitted.
- Avoid touching products you have not purchased. Vendors will help you get what you need.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at both ends of the market and mid-block.
- “Keep to the right,” allowing one-way traffic on each side of the street.
Other information to know
- View our events calendar and select the upcoming farmers market to see a list of vendors we are expecting that week.
- Our market hours remain the same, Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm. In the event of a weather or other cancellation, we will post an announcement at valleyjunction.com and on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
- During the market, visitor information and guest services will be available from the Historic Valley Junction Foundation office, 137 5th Street.
Since we opened on July 9, we have received many inquiries from people interested in joining our market. At this time, we are not accepting applications from new vendors beyond those who had already applied for our 2020 season. If this changes, we will post an update here.
Vendors who did not receive an invitation to the July 9 market will find out later in July if we are able to expand the market. Please stay tuned.
- Manage my Market (View account and other information online.)