Back to Events Listing
Jingle in the Junction
About the Event
The holiday season starts in Valley Junction as many businesses extend their hours on Thursday nights to give you more time to find the perfect holiday gift, enjoy dinner, and enjoy three blocks of free entertainment on 5th Street under the glow of over 125,000 holiday lights.
- 5:00-9:00pm: Shops are open with extended hours, sales, and mini events through the district
- 5:30-5:45pm: Santa’s Grand Entrance at 5th & Maple
- 6:00-8:00pm: Santa and Mrs. Claus will be making an appearance each night at the Historic Valley Junction Foundation office next to the Theatrical Shop
- 5:30-8:30pm: Free horse-drawn trolley rides load up in Railroad Park
- 5:30-8:30pm: Live reindeer and pictures in Santa’s sleigh at the rotating weekly entertainment area at 5th & Maple
- 5:00-9:00pm: Selfie Station – Send holiday cheer to friends far and near and celebrate your support of local small businesses in front of the West Des Moines Fire Admin Headquarters at 318 5th
- 5:00-9:00pm: Witness ice carvings by the talented Bill Gorish next to Memory Lane
- Rotating carolers and musicians around the district will keep you entertained
- Can’t make it to see Santa in person? Not a problem! We’re sending a daily reindeer to the North Pole with your LETTERS TO SANTA.