The Historic Valley Junction Foundation depends on the support of our community to implement our mission and programs. We have several opportunities to get involved in our programming that are great opportunities to make a difference in your community and provide events and programs the community knows and loves.
Read about our current opportunities and sign up below!
Music in the Junction Street Team – Helps support and promote our popular summer concert series. Your role might include:
- Recruiting community organizations and volunteers to help operate the event, for example at the beverage garden.
- Helping recruit and select performing artists our community will love.
- Volunteering at the event when your schedule allows.
Valley Junction Art Festival Team – Similar to our Music in the Junction team, we want to build the group of folks helping us connect with the local arts scene and build a vibrant community of artists in the community not only during our festival but all year long.
- Help envision and execute unforgettable community experiences at the Valley Junction Arts Festival
- Recruit artists and help us maintain relationships with arts organizations in the area.
- Help promote the arts festival and the arts in Valley Junction generally.
Business Welcome Committee – This is a group of people who are excited about welcoming new businesses into our community and celebrating businesses that are already here, making Valley Junction the region’s best neighborhood for the small business entrepreneur. Membership is restricted to people already affiliated with a local Valley Junction business. Your role might include:
- Committing to visit new businesses as a group to welcome them to the neighborhood when they open.
- Offering to take new business owners on a tour of the neighborhood to introduce them around at other stores.
- Responding to questions from people who want to open businesses here.
- Helping celebrate important milestones and anniversaries among our current businesses.